Alpha 7C - Compact Digital E-Mount Camera with 35mm Full Frame Image Sensor (Silver - Body only)
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
Imaging Edge Webcam lets you connect your Sony camera to your personal computer, and use the camera as a webcam with a livestreaming/web conferencing service.
Express yourself to the fullest degree
Despite the compact size of the camera body, which is the world's smallest and lightest, the α7C delivers the spectacular image quality for both stills and movies that you'd expect from a full-frame camera. Fast, wide and steadfast AF, rapid-fire continuous shooting and a handy vari-angle LCD monitor help capture the action whenever it happens.
Easy visual effects for movies
Picture Effect, Creative Style and Picture Profile features are a simple way to widen your creative expression when shooting movies. They provide a wide variety of visual effects and settings, from entry-level to professional. Picture Effect and Creative Style let you leave things to the camera, so there's no need for post-production grading.
Remote shooting from mobile devices and PCs
The α7C's Wi-Fi® capability makes it easy to set up remote shooting. Set up your camera at a distance and take selfies or vlog footage, using a PC, smartphone or tablet to preview, adjust settings, and operate the shutter.
Uncompromising quality for stills and movies
Stunning image quality, only possible from a full-frame sensor
- The world's smallest and lightest stabilised full-frame camera body
- 24.2 megapixel full-frame Exmor R CMOS image sensor
- Versatile 4K movie recording for creators
Imaging Edge Mobile & Movie Edit add-on
With built-in Wi-Fi and the Imaging Edge Mobile apps on a mobile device, you can remotely operate the camera's shutter and movie recording start and stop. Images and 4K movies can also be wirelessly sent to a device for easy sharing. And, using Movie Edit add-on with your a7C, handheld movies can be automatically stabilised, for gimbal-like smooth motion, directly on your smartphone.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) is available for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
Small and lightweight, yet robust and reliable
Magnesium alloy used for the top, front, and rear covers enhances body durability. For the a7C, camera parts and internal structures were carefully optimised to reduce size and weight. On the one hand, a monocoque structure patterned after airplane design helps to reduce weight while increasing the strength, realising a lightweight camera body with rigid flexibility. And on the other, the shape is supremely ergonomic and also weather sealed against dust and moisture for comfortable and confident shooting in a wide range of conditions.
Take more shots and shoot longer
Despite the compact body, the high-capacity NP-FZ100 battery provides power to capture up to an industry-leading 740 images on a full charge when using the LCD monitor, or 680 when using the viewfinder. This also allows up to 215 minutes of movie recording without a break, when using the LCD monitor. In addition, the USB Type-C connector allows recharging from an AC adaptor or powerbank while continuing to shoot, for limitless shooting potential.
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge Desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.
Stunning bokeh, enabled by a full-frame sensor
Bokeh is selective focus with a blurred background that makes the subject stand out. Portraits or close ups are enhanced with new meaning and depth. The a7C, with its full-frame sensor, can achieve bokeh when a smaller sensor-size camera with the same f-stop lens might not. When paired with over 50 lenses available from Sony, the a7C becomes an excellent choice for creative photographic composition and movie creation.
Impressive low-light images
With its large pixel size, in dimly lit situations or at high shutter speeds, the camera takes beautiful pictures with low noise, even when in the high sensitivity range. Standard ISO is from 100 up to ISO 51200 (expandable from ISO 50 to ISO 204800). Noise reduction is designed to be particularly effective in the common mid-sensitivity range to faithfully reveal textures and detail in shadows.
Express yourself with E-mount lenses
Over 50 Sony E-mount lenses enable broad creative expression, and a full-frame sensor allows you to leverage the full capabilities of Sony lenses. From wide angles, to enhanced creative compression effects on telephoto lenses, with the full-frame a7C the possibilities are endless.
The engine that powers your images
The BIONZ X image processing engine reflects Sony's expertise in imaging technologies. It processes images with the front-end LSI in 16-bits and outputs 14-bit RAW data for richer, more natural gradations, even in silent or continuous shooting modes. Combined with the Sony sensor, it delivers excellent colour reproduction, noise reduction, and low-light performance.
Shoot sharp images without hand shake
5-axis image stabilisation lets you zoom, get close-ups and capture night scenes with greater clarity. Compensation is equivalent to a 5.0-step faster shutter speed.  Pitch  Yaw: for long focal lengths,  Horizontal  Vertical: for sideways/up-down during close-ups and macros,  Roll: for rotation during long exposures
Expressiveness only possible with a full-frame sensor
A 35-mm full-frame image sensor is about 30x larger than a 1/2.3-type smartphone sensor and even 2.3x larger than an APS-C sensor. By capturing significantly more light, it opens up new creative possibilities through wider dynamic range, less noise, and higher perceived resolution. Deep bokeh, using shallow depth of field, is also possible in combination with a bright (wide-aperture) full-frame lens.
Faithfully capture what you see
The back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine work together beautifully. The extra-large pixels of a 24.2-megapixel full-frame sensor collect more light, for a 15-stop wide dynamic range and smoother gradations from shadows to highlights. Excellent subjective resolution and reduced noise pair with precise colour reproduction for beautifully accurate skin tones and natural textures.
Reliable and intuitive, with handy wireless capabilities
Side-opening LCD monitor for flexible operationThe 921-thousand-dot 3.0-type touch panel rotates 176° horizontally and 270° vertically. Use Touch Focus to shift focus instantly, or Touch Shutter to focus and capture still images with a single touch to the screen.
Easy battery charging even when shootingThe large-capacity Z battery tucked into the α7C's compact body can take advantage of a USB power supply. A USB Type-C® cable is all you need for charging, and you can shoot while you're charging.
Sturdy dust- and moisture-resistant* construction (Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.)Lightweight, high-rigidity magnesium alloy is used for the camera's top, front and rear covers, and sealing is provided throughout the body to minimise dust and moisture entry.
- Lens Compatibility E-mount
- Lens Mount E-mount
- Mount E-mount
- Sensor Type 35mm full frame (35.6 x 23.8mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor
- ISO Sensitivity Still images: ISO 100-51200 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 204800 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-51200 equivalent (ISO numbers up ISO 102400 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number Of Pixels (Effective) Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (total) 25.3 megapixels
- Touch Screen Yes
- Total Number of Dots 921,600 dots
- Screen Type 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT
- Continues Shooting Continuous shooting: Hi+: 10 fps, Hi: 8 fps, Mid: 6 fps, Lo: 3 fps
- AF Illuminator -
- EYE AF [Still images] Human (Right/Left Eye Select) / Animal, [Movie] Human (Right/Left Eye Select)
- Functions FTP Transfer Func.(Wi-Fi), View on Smartphone, Remote control via Smartphone, NFC One-touch remote, NFC One-touch sharing, PC Remote, BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI), PhotoTV HD
Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Approx. 680 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 740 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Power consumption with Viewfinder Still images: approx. 2.9W (with FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 OSS lens attached), Movies: approx. 4.5W (with FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Supplied Battery One rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100
- Creative Look -
- Movie Recording System (XAVC S 4K) 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 30p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 24p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 25p (100Mbps / 60Mbps)
- Movie Recording System (XAVC S HD) 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 120p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 60p (50Mbps / 25Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 30p (50Mbps / 16Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 24p (50Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 100p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 50p (50Mbps / 25Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 25p (50Mbps / 16Mbps)
Recording (still images)
- Creative Look -
- Viewfinder Type 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (XGA OLED)
- Display Function Histogram, Real-time image-adjustment display, Digital level gauge, Grid line, Focus check, Peaking MF, Zebra, Movie marker, For viewfinder, Monitor Off
- Web Camera Compatible Yes
Size and Weight
- Width (cm) 15.00
- Height (cm) 15.00
- Weight (kg) 1.05
- Carton Width (cm) 26.00
- Carton Height (cm) 19.00
- Carton Weight (kg) 5.00
- Released 2020
1. Model colours may vary among countries.
2. With an FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 lens mounted. Among full-frame interchangeable-lens digital cameras, in combination with an interchangeable zoom lens. As of September 2020 press announcement. Sony survey.
3. Among full-frame interchangeable-lens digital cameras with optical in-body image stabilisation mechanism. As of September 2020 press announcement. Sony survey.
4. CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off.
5. Strength is provided by the magnesium alloy construction of the front cover, top cover and rear cover.
6. Among full-frame. mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras with autofocus function. As of September 2020. Sony survey.
7. CIPA standards.
8. CIPA standards. With continuous recording.
9. When using LCD monitor.
10. Approximate effective pixels.
11. When shooting still images. Sony test conditions.
12. ISO expandable to 50-204800 for stills, 100-102400 for movies.
13. (QFHD: 3840 x 2160)
14. A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS speed Class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
15. HDR (HLG) images can be viewed by connecting the camera directly to a Sony BRAVIA TV that supports HDR (HLG) playback.
16. Up to 10 fps in continuous “Hi+” mode, and up to 8 fps in continuous “Hi” mode. Maximum fps will depend on camera settings.
17. Some distortion may occur with fast-moving subjects or if the camera is moved sideways rapidly while shooting.
18. “Tracking” in the menu.
19. Available for still images only.
20. Accurate focus may not be achieved with certain subjects in certain situations.
21. Combination of GP-VPT2BT grip and ECM-B1M mic.
22. Via the camera's MI shoe.
23. Approximately 2x in HD, and approximately 1.5x in 4K.
24. Sound not recorded. Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card required.
25. Frame rates are 1-120fps (NTSC) or 1-100fps (PAL).
27. Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
28. Remote shooting can be performed using Imaging Edge™ software or the Imaging Edge Mobile™ app.
29. Smartphones/tablets must have Imaging Edge Mobile installed. Please use version 7.2 or later.
30. Models sold in some countries/regions support IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz) wireless LAN only. 5GHz communication may be restricted in some countries and regions.
31. Does not support full functional compatibility with some camera models. See the Sony support site for details: https://www.sony.net/disoft/help
32. Please use the latest version.
33. To apply image stabilisation after shooting, using the “Movie Edit add-on” component from the Imaging Edge Mobile application, turn off SteadyShot™ on the body menu settings.
34. The LCD screen is turned on, shot once every 30 seconds, operate zoom alternately between W and T ends, flash strobe once every two times, turn power off and on once every ten times.
35. Combination of GP-VPT2BT grip and ECM-B1M mic.
36. Via the camera's MI shoe.
38. Actual colour and dimension may differ from the screen image.
39. Colours & features of the product shown may differ by model and country.
40. Services availability depends on region. A part or whole of software/services installed into or accessible through the product may be changed, discontinued, removed, suspended, or terminated without notice.
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- ILCE-7C/SQ AP2