Sony Online Returns Information
At Sony we take pride in our quality products and services and we value you, our customers. If at any time you feel our products do not meet your requirements please contact our team to discuss a refund, credit or exchange.
If there's anything we can do to change your mind, or to make you more satisfied with your purchase, please contact us at email@example.com. We're here to help you 9am – 5pm (AEST), Monday – Friday.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, received a faulty item or simply chose the wrong one, please follow our simple returns process below:
- Please contact our Sony Store team at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the returns process for an exchange, refund or repair. All returns for exchanges, refunds or repairs must have a returns advice (RA) generated and the original item returned before refunds or credits are generated.
- In the case of change of mind or choosing the wrong one, products must be returned in the original packaging (unless the product is faulty). Movies, music, games and software may only be returned if unopened (unless the product is faulty).
- Shipping and handling is non-refundable unless a refund is given or a replacement item is shipped out due to being damaged in transit, or faulty when opened at which Sony will assume the responsibility.
- All products must have been purchased from Sony Online and have a Sony Online order reference.
- Refunds, credits and exchanges are based on the paid price on the original order.
- Australian Customers: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality.
- New Zealand Customers:Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA), you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a failure of substantial character and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality or fail to comply with another guarantee in the CGA.
Goods Damaged in Transit/Faulty Goods
We understand the disappointment in opening a new product only to see it broken so there are no additional charges for out of box failures to get sent back to Sony for a refund or exchange. Please contact our sales team at email@example.com to arrange for your order to be exchanged or refunded. Damaged goods must be returned in the condition received by you.
How do I return/exchange my Sony online purchase?
Please make sure you have read and understand our returns information.
Three easy steps:
1. To arrange a return or exchange, please contact our Sony Store team at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a returns/exchange process. All returns, exchanges or refunds must have a returns advice (RA) generated and the original item returned before refunds or credits are generated.
2. Wherever possible, our team will also help to arrange a courier pick up of goods from you, however, Sony will not assume liability for items lost in transit that are yet to be received. A traceable shipping method is recommended. Our team will also advise on the documentation required to be attached to the returned item.
3. When your return has been received and processed, Sony will process your refund or ship out your new item. Refund times may vary, but generally returns are fully processed within 7-10 business days from receipt.
Credits and refunds
- If deemed faulty or damaged before you received your order, Sony will happily replace your purchase with a new item or provide you with a refund. In the case of replacement, no additional shipping charges will be added to your order and we’ll help arrange for the replacement to be shipped back to us.
- For items where an incorrect colour, style or model has been chosen, as long as the item is in its original packaging, Sony may provide a credit or exchange. No credit or exchange will be issued until the item has been returned and inspected.
- Where an exchange is accepted by Sony, there may be additional shipping charges depending on size.
- Where applicable, refunds will be provided via the same form of payment used for your order.
- Please choose gift cards and Sony Entertainment Network vouchers carefully as these cannot be returned or exchanged (unless they are faulty).
What if I change my mind?
Please choose carefully as refunds are not normally provided, however, if the original product is in the original unopened packaging, Sony may offer a credit or exchange of the original product value. Please note, credits will only be issued once we have received the returned item.
Repairs and Servicing
You may return goods we have delivered to you for repair by contacting our service team at email@example.com. We understand that sometimes large items (TVs & stereos) cannot be shipped easily so our service team will happily arrange an inspection.
Sony will assess and repair products within a reasonable time. This time frame will be communicated via the service team but may vary due to part availability or fault diagnosis. Where possible, all fees (labour, freight, assessment) will be communicated for purchases not covered by the Australian Consumer Law (Australian purchases), Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand purchases) or manufacturer’s warranty (applicable in both countries). Where a fault is not found, there may be a service fee involved.
Backing up of Data
Please ensure, where possible, all data is backed up on recordable media (flash drives, computer hard drives, camera memory cards, mobile phone contacts). Depending on repair requirements, some data may be lost. Sony is not liable for any data not backed up.
Sony Stores or Sony Kiosks
The above returns policy is the same for Sony Stores and Sony Kiosks. Please return to the store of purchase to arrange an exchange or return.
The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA) (NZ)
Australia: The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) is a single, national law concerning consumer protection and fair trading, which applies in the same way nationally and in each State and Territory.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality.
New Zealand: The Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA) is national law concerning consumer protection and fair trading.
The CGA covers all goods sold in New Zealand and has guarantees that cannot be excluded. Under the CGA, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a failure of substantial character and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality or fail to comply with another guarantee in the CGA.
What are consumer guarantees?
When a consumer buys goods or services, the ACL and CGA provide that they will have guaranteed rights that:
- the supplier has the right to sell the goods;
- goods are of acceptable quality;
- the description match the goods;
- the goods are fit for the intended purpose as described by the supplier;
- repairs and spare parts are reasonably available;
- services are carried out with reasonable care and skill and are completed within a reasonable time.
For further information about the Australian Consumer Law and consumer guarantees, visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au. For more information about New Zealand consumer guarantees and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, visit www.consumerprotection.govt.nz.