Alpha 7 Digital E-Mount Camera with Full Frame Sensor (Body only)
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
You May Also Like
Learn and be inspired while exploring our Image Gallery. Images are captured on Sony cameras and lenses.
- 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS sensor
- Enhanced Fast Hybrid Autofocus system
- BIONZ X image processing engine
Anti-dust system and coating
To keep your photos blemish free, an anti-dust mechanism vibrates ultrasonically whenever you switch off the camera to remove any particles adhering to the image sensor. An anti-static coating also helps prevent dust and other particles from adhering to the sensor when changing lenses.
XGA OLED Tru-Finder
This viewfinder features high 1024x768 resolution, OLED improvements and the same 3-lens optical system used in the flagship a99 despite the compact body. The viewfinder displays the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately monitor the results. You'll enjoy rich tonal gradations and three times the contrast of the a99. High-end features like 100% frame coverage, wide viewing angle, information display modes, peaking function, and focus magnifier are also provided.
The exceptional performance of the image sensor was achieved through various advanced sensor features. First, compressing circuitry height dramatically increases the amount of light collected by each pixel, while photodiode expansion technology increased the size of the photodiode at every pixel to improve the sensor's dynamic range and further raise sensitivity while maintaining low noise and achieving a high S/N ratio.
BIONZ X processor
Sony proudly introduces the new BIONZ X image processing engine, which faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye, via extra high-speed processing capabilities. Together with front-end LSI (large scale integration) that accelerates processing in the earliest stages, it enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise whether you shoot still images or movies.
Detail reproduction and diffraction reduction
Two new technologies bring out the full performance of sensor and lenses. Detail reproduction technology prevents the overemphasized outlines that plague most digital images. Diffraction reduction suppresses the effects of diffraction, which causes points of light to appear blurred especially at small aperture settings (large F-numbers). By taking the aperture setting into account, this technology faithfully restores clarity to points of light and other fine details, for beautiful landscapes, portraiture, and more.
Area-specific noise reduction
Area-specific noise reduction is now more powerful than ever. It selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and evenly coloured areas like blue skies), and then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area to improve image quality, especially at high-sensitivity settings. Working together with Sony's detail reproduction, it gives supremely clear, detailed images.
16-bit processing + 14-bit RAW
16-bit image processing and 14-bit RAW output help preserve maximum detail and produce images of the highest quality with rich tonal gradations. The 14-bit RAW (Sony ARW) format ensures optimal quality for later image adjustment (via Image Data Converter or other software).
Controls, customization and navigation
Despite compact dimensions, the a7 features front and rear dials for intuitive setting of exposure, a control wheel for setting ISO, and an exposure compensation dial. Quick Navi Pro displays all major shooting options on the LCD screen so you can rapidly confirm settings and make adjustments as desired without searching through dedicated menus. Button customization empowers you to shoot just the way you like, with frequently used functions assigned to the customizable buttons of your choice. You can easily assign any of 46 functions to any of 9 buttons; up to 12 key functions can be assigned to the Fn button for quick access.
Tiltable LCD screen
7.5 cm, 1.2 million dot LCD offers high resolution and flexible composition options.
Dust and moisture resistance
Durability-enhancing measures include sealing around the buttons and dials, as well as a protective double-layered structure that tightly interlocks panels and components.
Magnesium alloy body
Thanks to this outstandingly light and strong metal, the a7 weighs 474 grams with battery-less than half the weight of leading DSLRs-but has the durability for years of performance.
Substantial, ergonomic grip
The a7 is 25% less bulky than leading DSLRs, but still features a full-size grip for all-day shooting comfort.
- Touch Shutter YES
- Smile Shutter Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Smart zoom (Still Image) 35mm full frame: M:approx 1.5x, S:approx 2x\n\nAPS-C: M:approx 1.3x, S:approx 2x
- Self-Portrait Yes (3 sec delay/OFF selectable)
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™ YES
- Lens Compensation Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Image Processor BIONZ X
- Face Detection On/On (Regist. Faces)\nOff\nFace registration\nFace selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Digital zoom (Still Image) 35mm full frame: L:approx 4x, M:approx 6.1x, S:approx 8x;\nAPS-C: L:approx 4x, M:approx 5.2x, S:approx 8x
- Digital zoom (Movie) 35mm full frame: approx 4x \nAPS-C: approx 4x
- Clear Image Zoom Approx. 2x
- Auto Object Framing Still images
- Lens Compatibility E-mount
- Lens Mount E-mount
- Sensor 35 mm full frame (35.8 x 23.9mm) Exmor CMOS sensor
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio 3:2
- Sensor Type 35 mm
- ISO Sensitivity ISO 50-25600
Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number Of Pixels (Effective) 24.3 MP
- Number of Pixels (total) Approx. 24.7 megapixels
- Shutter Speed Still images:1/8000 to 30 sec, Bulb\n Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4(1/3 steps)\n up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Shutter Curtain Yes (On/Off)
- Total Number of Dots 921,600 dots
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD) On/Off
- Quick Navi Yes
- Peaking MF Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)
- LCD Display Graphic Display\nDisplay All Info\nNo Disp. Info\n Level\nHistgram\nFor viewfinder
- Focus Magnifier Yes Focus Magnifier (35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.7x \nAPS-C: 3.8x, 7.7x)
- Brightness Control (LCD) Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle Up by approx. 90 degrees, Down by approx. 45 degrees
- Screen Type 3.0 type TFT LCD
- Speaker Built-in, monaural
- Microphone Built-in stereo microphones or ECM-CG50/ XLR-K1M (sold separately)
- Compatible OS Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Mac OS X (v10.5-v10.8)
- Drive Modes Single Shooting\nContinuous shooting\nSpeed Priority Continuous shooting\nSelf-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable)\nSelf-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 exposures selectable)\nBracket Single\nBracket Cont.,WB Bracket\nDRO Bracket
- Continues Shooting 5 fps (in Speed Priority Continuous Shooting mode)
- Scene Selection Portrait / Landscape / Macro / Sports action / Sunset / Night portrait\nNight scene\nHand-held Twilight\nAnti Motion Blur
- Metering Type 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor Exmor CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity EV0 to EV20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- Metering Mode Multi-segment\nCenter-weighted\nSpot
- Exposure Modes iAUTO\nSuperior Auto\nProgrammed AE (P)\nAperture priority (A)\nShutter-speed priority (S)\nManual (M)\nSweep Panorama\nScene Selection\nMovie (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) )
- Exposure Compensation +/- 5.0EV(1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)\n(with exposure compensation dial : +/- 3EV (1/3 EV steps))
- AE Lock Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu. Available with AE lock button.
- Flash Modes Flash off / Autoflash / Fill-flash / Slow Sync.Rear Sync. Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable) Hi-speed sync. (With compatible external flash) Wireless control (With compatible external flash)
- Wireless Control Yes
- Flash Control (with optional external flash) Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- External Flash Compatibility Sony a System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- Other Features Lock-on AF, Eye Focus, Predictive control, Focus lock, Eye-Start AF (only with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached(Sold separately))
- Focus Type Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensor Exmor\ CMOS sensor\
- Focus Sensitivity Range EV0 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- Focus Point 35mm full frame: 117 points (phase-detection AF) \nAPS-C: 99 points (phase-detection AF) \n/ 25 points (conotrast-detection AF)
- Focus Area Multi Point (117 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points(contrast-detection AF)) / Zone / Center-weighted / Flexible Spot (S/M/L)
- AF Mode AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C ( Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- AF Illuminator range Approx. 0.3m - approx. 3.0m (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)
- AF Illuminator -
- PC Interface Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- NFC™ Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- Multi Interface Shoe Yes
- Interfaces Multi/Micro USB TerminalMulti Interface ShoeMicrophone minijackHeadphone minijackVertical Grip Connector
- HD Output HDMI micro connector\nBRAVIA Sync (link menu)\nPhotoTV HD\n4K still image PB
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR: On/Off , available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec.
- Multi Frame NR Auto/ISO 100 to 51200
- White Balance Modes Auto\nDaylight\nShade\nCloudy\nIncandescent\nFluorescent : Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight\nFlash\nColor Temperature 2500 to 9900K & color filter G7 to M7(15-step), A7 to B7(15-step)\nCustom\nUnderwater
- Bracketing 3 frames, H/L selectable
- AWB Micro Adjustment G7 to M7, 15-step / A7 to B7, 15-step
- Playback Modes Single (with or without shooting information RGB histogram & highlight / shadow warning)\n9/25-frame index view\nEnlarged display mode (L: 18.8x, M: 12.3x, S: 9.4x)\nPanorama (Standard): 25.6x, (Wide): 38.8x\nAuto Review (10/5/2 sec,Off)\nImage orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable)\nSlideshow\nPanorama scrolling\nFolder selection (Date/ Still/ MP4/ AVCHD)\n Forward/Rewind (movie)\nDelete\nProtect
Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Up to 340 shots
- Supplied Battery NP-FW50 W-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Internal Battery Charge Yes
- External Power AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Movies) Actual Recording:Approx. 60 minutes (Viewfinder), Approx 65 minutes (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)\n Continuous Recording:Approx. 100 minutes (Viewfinder), Approx 100 minutes (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- Compatible Standards Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Video Compression AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264\n\nMP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Recording Format (Movie) AVCHD 2.0 / MP4
- Movie Functions Audio Level Display,Audio Rec Level,Auto Slow Shutter,HDMI Info. Display
- Image Size (pixels), PAL AVCHD:1920 x 1080 (60p, 28M, PS)\n1920 x 1080 (60i, 24M, FX)\n1920 x 1080 (60i, 17M, FH)\n1920 x 1080(24p, 24M, FX)\n1920 x 1080(24p, 17M, FH)\n AVC MP4: 1440 x 1080(30fps)\n VGA(640 x 480, 30fps)\nMPEG 4: 720 Fine (1280 x 720, 30fps)\n720 STD (1280 x 720, 30fps)\nVGA(640 x 480, 30fps)
- Audio Recording Format AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch\n\nMP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0\n Exif Ver.2.3\n MPF Baseline compliant)\n RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- RAW Output 14bit RAW
- Picture Effect 13 types: Posterization (Color)\n Posterization (B/W)\n Pop Color\n Retro Photo\n Partial Color (R/G/B/Y)\n High Contrast Monochrome\n Toy Camera(Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta)\n Soft High-key \n Soft Focus(High/Mid/Low)\n HDR Painting(High/Mid/Low)\n Rich-tone Monochrome\n Miniature(Auto/Top/Middle(H)/Bottom/Right/Middle(V)/Left)\n Watercolor\n Illustration(High/Mid/ Low)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama Wide: horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M)\n Standard: horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 4000 (24M)\n M: 3936 x 2624 (10M)\n S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)\n\nAPS-C L: 3936 x 2624 (10M), M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M), S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M)\n\nAPS-C L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M), S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)
- Image Quality Modes RAW\nRAW&JPEG\nJPEG Extra Fine\nJPEG Fine\nJPEG Standard
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Creative Style Standard\n Vivid\n Neutral\n Clear\n Deep\n Light\n Portrait\n Landscape\n Sunset\n Night Scene\n Autumn leaves\n Black & White\n Sepia\nStyle Box(1-6)\n \n (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps)\n Saturation (-3 to +3 steps)\n Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- Compatible Recording Media Memory Stick PRO Duo\nMemory Stick PRO-HG Duo\nMemory Stick XC-HG Duo\nSD memory card\nSDHC memory card\nSDXC memory card
- Viewfinder Display Graphic Display,Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Digital Level Gauge, Histogram
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display On/Off
- Number of Dots 2 359 296 dots
- Magnification approx. 0.71 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m<sup>-1</sup>) diopter
- Field Coverage 100%
- Eye Point Approx. 27mm from the eyepiece lens, 22mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m<sup>-1</sup>diopter (CIPA standard)
- Dioptre Adjustment -4.0 to +3.0m<sup>-1</sup>diopter
- Color Temperature Control Manual (5 steps)
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder) Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Viewfinder Type 0.5-type electronic viewfinder (color)
- Wireless and Network Capabilities Wi-Fi NFC One-touch functionality. Downloadable Camera Apps
- View on TV Yes
- View on Smartphone Yes
- Upload to PC Yes
Size and Weight
- Carton Width (cm) 37.00
- Carton Height (cm) 26.00
- Carton Weight (kg) 3.00
- Released 2013
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- ILCE-7/BQ AP2