WX800 Compact High-zoom Camera with 4K Recording
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
Easy to carry, and zoom into everyday life
The WX800 lets you capture the beauty of life around you and share it easily. Whether shooting stills or 4Kvideo, the camera's powerful zoom lens, fast and precise AF and 180° tiltable LCD touch screen ensure that selfies, and even shots at challenging angles, always look their best, and you'll get clear images even with hand-held telephoto shooting.
Learn and be inspired while exploring our Image Gallery. Images are captured on Sony cameras and lenses.
- 18.2 MP Exmor RTMCMOS sensor
- 4K video recording
- 180º tiltable LCD touch screen
Internal pop-up flash
The camera's built-in, manual pop-up flash feature enables various modes of flash photography. Slow Sync is useful for shooting atmospheric night portraits, Rear Sync lets you creatively express motion, and the Autoflash setting automatically determines whether the flash is necessary.
My Menu your way
With My Menu, you can register menu items for instant recall, and create custom menus. The menu screen has been redesigned, and you can make function assignments for up to 30 items to retool the camera interface according to your shooting preferences.
Convenient on-location rating and sorting
Rate and protect your images in the field, with a convenient custom button assignment. Ratings, from 1 to 5 stars, can be reviewed when images are imported to your PC using PlayMemories Home or the new Sony Imaging Edge software, for fast sorting of even large image libraries.
New LCD power-saving mode
With the camera body power switched ON, the LCD screen can be automatically switched OFF (either 2, 5 or 10 seconds after its last operation) to save power.
One-touch remote and sharing
With one-touch remote, a smartphone or tablet can function as a monitor and remote control. One-touch sharing allows easy transfers of photos or videos to an NFC-enabled Android device for easy uploading and sharing. Just install the PlayMemories Mobile app from your device's app store, then touch the device to the camera to connect them. QR code compatibility allows connection with non-NFC devices.
Geo-tag your images via Bluetooth
With the Bluetooth Location Information Link you can easily geo-tag your images - perfect when travelling. Simply pair your camera to a compatible smartphone with the PlayMemories Mobile app and your location data can be recorded together with each photo. The PlayMemories Home app can also be used on your PC to organise imported still images on a map.
Imaging Edge software suite from Sony
The Imaging Edge software suite can maximise image quality, improve production efficiency, and help you finely adjust RAW-based images. Use its "Remote" to remotely control shooting while monitoring scenes via live-view PC screen; "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos; and "Viewer" to view, rate, and select photos from a list of shots.
The world's smallest camera with wide zoom range
Covering the range from wide-angle 24mm to telephoto 720mm, the WX800 is the perfect camera for everything from memorable travel photos to everyday snapshots. The ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens delivers superb image quality all across the zoom range, and the Clear Image Zoom feature allows further magnification of the subject (up to 1440mm) while preserving high resolution.  24mm  720mm  1440mm
Exmor R and BIONZ X deliver superb image quality
The WX800's image sensor - an 18.2 megapixel (effective) back-illuminated CMOS sensor - works with the advanced BIONZ X image-processing system to deliver superb image quality, even for fine textures and details. With a range of ISO80-6400 (expanded), even dimly lit scenes can be beautifully shot, while colour-reproduction improvements produce natural-looking skin tones.
Touch Focus and Shutter
With Touch Focus you can simply touch the LCD at the point of the image you want to focus on, so you can intuitively focus on subjects even at the edge of the frame, without reframing, for both still shots and movies. The shutter can be also operated by touching the LCD screen.
180º tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition
The high-resolution 3.0-inch type screen with tilt capability is perfect for taking selfies and framing of low-angle shots. You can use it in various shooting positions for greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
If you lose track of a moving subject while framing with zoom, the Zoom Assist function makes it easy to find it again. Program it to the C (custom) button, then simply push and hold it to automatically zoom out, find and frame your subject again, then release the button. The camera quickly zooms back to the original focal length, so you can resume shooting the subject.
High-frame rate HD video recording of fast-moving subjects
When you're shooting movies you can capture fast-moving subjects with high-frame rate HD recording at up to 120p (NTSC) or 100p (PAL). This allows you to produce impressive slow-motion sequences during editing. The high bitrate, up to 100Mbps, also ensures detailed images.
Proxy data recording for easier, faster editing and sharing
While recording full-resolution 4K video, the camera can also capture a low-bitrate proxy file that's lighter and easier to handle. This makes it easy to upload and share the images soon after shooting them, enabling easier online collaboration.
Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities
Lock-on AF captures and continues tracking moving subjects. It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size, improves tracking performance, and helps you take full advantage of every photo opportunity.
4K movies recorded with full pixel readout
The WX800 is the first in the WX -series to record 4K video (QFHD, 3840 x 2160 pixels). High-quality 4K video is achieved with a full sensor pixel readout, and no pixel binning - collecting approximately 1.6x as much information as is required. This oversampling effect results in images of outstanding resolution with reduced moire and jaggies.
Fast Intelligent AF to capture decisive moments
The camera adopts Fast Intelligent AF using highly accurate contrast-detection autofocus with 0.09-second response. It achieves focus by minimising wasted lens motion, predicting AF range and accelerating the lens drive, improving response so you can capture even more fleeting moments.
Eye AF feature for perfect portrait shots
The camera's sophisticated Eye AF feature can be activated to automatically detect and focus on the eyes of the main subjects in your shots. It rapidly and accurately detects eyes even under difficult conditions, such as when the subject is looking downward or when faces are backlit or dimly lit.
Continuous shooting at up to 10 frames per second
It's possible to perform high-speed continuous shooting at up to 10 frames per second for up to 155 shots. Even when image brightness changes during continuous shooting, the camera automatically adjusts to provide optimal exposure. Continuous-shot images can also be displayed, deleted and protected in groups.
Image stabilisation with Optical SteadyShot
Designed for handheld shooting and when shooting at telephoto zoom settings, even with high magnification, the camera's Optical SteadyShot feature stabilises the image and effectively reduces camera shake by relying on a high-performance gyro-sensor and a specialised algorithm. Because this is an optical function, image stabilisation is performed without lowering resolution.  SteadyShot OFF  SteadyShot ON
- Number of Pixels (Effective) Approx. 18.2 Megapixels
- Sensor Type 1/2.3 type (7.82mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Adjustable Angle Up by approx. 180 degrees
- Screen Type 7.5cm (3.0type) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Clear Image Zoom 18M Approx.60x / 10M Approx.80x / 5.0M Approx.113x / VGA Approx.459x / 13M(16:9) Approx.60x / 2.1M(16:9) Approx.153x
- Clear Image Zoom Movie Movie 4K:Approx. 45x, HD:Approx. 60x
- Digital Zoom (Movie) Approx. 120x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image) 18M Approx.120x / 10M Approx.161x / 5.0M Approx.226x / VGA Approx.459x / 13M(16:9) Approx.120x / 2.1M(16:9) Approx.306x
- F-number (Maximum Aperture) F3.5 (W) - 6.4 (T)
- Focal length f=4.25-118mm
- Focus Range (From the Front to the Lens) Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 250cm (8.20 ft.) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 250cm (8.20 ft.) to Infinity)
- Lens type ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 11 elements in 10 groups (5 aspheric elements)
- Aperture iAuto(F3.5-F6.3(W)) / Program Auto(F3.5-F6.3(W) ) / Manual(F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Aperture Priority(F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Shutter Priority(F3.5-F6.3(W))
- Bracketing Yes
- Built-in Flash Range ISO Auto: Approx.0.3m to 5.4m(11 13/16 inches to 17 feet 8 19/32 inches)(W) / Approx.2.5m to 3.0 m(8feet 2 27/64 inches to 9 feet 10 7/64 inches)(T)
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum) (Maximum Number of Recording Pixels) Spd Priority Cont. Approx. 10 fps, Cont. Shooting Approx. 3 fps
- Creative Style Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Black & White, Sepia
- Focus Type Single,Continuous shooting,Spd Priority Cont,Self-timer,Self-timer(cont.),Cont.-bracketing,Single-bracketing,White balance bracketing,DRO bracketing
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range: Off, Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step)
- Exposure Compensation +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- Flash Mode Flash Off / Autoflash / Fill Flash / Slow Sync. / Rear Sync.
- Focus Area Wide,Center,Flexible Spot (S/M/L),Expanded Flexible Spot
- Focus Mode Single-shot AF, Continuous AF (Movie Only)
- Focus Type Contrast detection AF
- Image Control Contrast,Saturation,Sharpness,Creative Style,Color Space,Quality(Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Image Processor Yes (BIONZ X)
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie) Auto(ISO80-3200, selectable with upper / lower limit),80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200(Extendable to ISO6400)
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image) Auto(ISO80-3200, selectable with upper / lower limit),80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200(Extendable to ISO6400),Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO80-3200 same as selected range in Auto), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800
- Light Metering Mode Multi Pattern,Center Weighted,Spot,Entire Screen Avg,Highlight
- LOCK ON AF Yes
- Minimum Illumination (Movie) Auto: 9lux (Shutter Speed 1/30)
- Noise Reduction high ISO NR:Normal/Low, Multi Frame NR:Auto, ISO100-12800
- Number of Recognised Scenes [Still Image]:Superior Auto: 44 / iAuto: 33; [Movie]:44
- Panorama (Shooting) Sweep Panorama
- Picture Effect [Still Image]:Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration; [Movie]:Toy camera,Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Scene Selection Portrait,Macro,Landscape,Sunset,Night Scene,Handheld Twilight,Night Portrait,Anti Motion Blur,Pet,Gourmet,Fireworks,High Sensitivity
- Self-Timer Off / 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. / 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec.
- Shooting Mode Auto(Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto),Program Auto,Aperture Priority,Shutter Speed Priority,Manual Exposure,MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,Movie Mode(Program Auto,Aperture Priority,Shutter Speed Priority,Manual Exposure),Sweep Panorama,Scene Selection
- Shutter Speed iAuto (4\ - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1\ - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8\ - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30\ - 1/2000) / Manual (30\ - 1/2000)
- Steadyshot Optical
- WB Micro Adjustment G7-M7 (57 steps) , A7-B7 (29 steps)
- White Balance Modes Auto,Daylight,Shade,Cloudy,Incandescent,Fluor.: Warm White,Fluor.: Cool White,Fluor.: Day White,Fluor.: Daylight,Flash,C.Temp./Filter,Custom1,Custom2,Custom3,Custom Setup
- AF Illuminator Auto / Off
- Flash Type Built-in, manual pop-up
- Bluetooth Yes(Ver.4.1)
- Input and Output Terminals Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI
- NFC NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- WI-FI Yes(IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- 4K Image Output Yes
- Operating Temperature 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Shooting Functions Eye AF,Face Detection,Face Registration,Smile Shutter,Grid Line,Digital Level Gauge,WB Bracketing,DRO Bracketing,Zebra,Marker Display,Micref Level,Zoom Assist,My Menu Setting,Self-portrait timer
- Triluminos Color Color Yes
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Approx. 370 / Approx. 185min. (When Auto Monitor off is set to 2sec):Approx. 460 / Approx. 230min.
- Battery Life Movies (actual shooting) Approx. 55min.
- Battery Life Movies (continuous shooting) Approx. 95min.
- Battery System NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode) Approx. 1.5W (CIPA standard)
- Power source DC3.6V(supplied battery)/ DC5.0V(supplied AC adaptor)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply Yes (with supplied AC adaptor and supplied battery)
- Print Exif Print,PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
- Recording Format sRGB,Adobe RGB
- Compatible Recording Media Memory Stick Micro,Memory Stick Micro (Mark2),microSD Memory Card,microSDHC Memory Card,microSDXC Memory Card
- DCF DPOF DCF/DPOF/EXIF/MPF
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC) PAL/NTSC Selector: [NTSC]\nAVCHD:\n24M FX(1,920x1,080/60i)/\n17M FH(1,920x1,080/60i),\nXAVC S 4K:\n30p 100M(3,840x2,160/30p)/\n30p 60M(3,840x2,160/30p)/\n24p 100M(3,840x2,160/24p)/\n24p 60M(3,840x2,160/24p),\nXAVC S HD:\n60p 50M(1,920x1,080/60p)/\n60p 25M(1,920x1,080/60p)/\n30p 50M(1,920x1,080/30p)/\n30p 16M(1,920x1,080/30p)/\n24p 50M(1,920x1,080/24p)/\n120p 100M(1,920x1,080/120p)/120p 60M(1,920x1,080/120p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL) PAL/NTSC Selector:[PAL]\nAVCHD:\n24M FX(1,920x1,080/50i)/\n17M FH(1,920x1,080/50i),\nXAVC S 4K:\n25p 100M(3,840x2,160/25p)/\n25p 60M(3,840x2,160/25p)/\nXAVC S HD:\n50p 50M(1,920x1,080/50p)/\n50p 25M(1,920x1,080/50p)/ \n25p 50M(1,920x1,080/25p)/ \n25p 16M(1,920x1,080/25p)/ \n100p 100M(1,920x1,080/100p)/\n100p 60M(1,920x1,080/100p)
- Recording Proxy Yes
- Recording Format [Still Image]:JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MRF Baseline compliant), [Movie]:XAVC S,Movie:AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible
- Recording Format XAVC S:LPCM 2ch,AVCHD:Dolby Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby Digital Stereo Creator)
- Number of Recording Pixels (Image Size) 3:2mode:16M(4,896x3,264)/8.9M(3,648x2,432)/4.5M(2,592x1,728),4:3mode:18M(4,896x3,672)/10M(3,648x2,736)/5M(2,592x1,944)/VGA(640x480),16:9mode:13M(4,896x2,752)/7.5M(3,648x2,056)/2.1M(1,920x1,080),1:1mode:13M(3,664x3,664)/7.5M(2,736x2,736)/3.7M(1,920x1,920),Sweep Panorama:Wide(12,416x1,856/5,536x2,160),Standard(8,192x1,856/3,872x2,160)
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 101.6mm x 58.1mm x 35.5mm(4 1/8 in. x 2 3/8 in. x 1 7/16 in.)
- Weight Approx. 233g (8.3oz) (Battery and Memory Card are included)/Approx. 207g (7.3oz) (Body Only)
- Released 2018
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs