RX10 II Digital Compact Camera with 24-200 mm F2.8 8.3x Optical Zoom Lens
This item is currently unavailable
The world of superspeed shooting
Welcome to the awesome new world of superspeed shooting. Super slow motion—once primarily on pro cams. Thrilling fast-action images captured without distortion. Freedom to shoot in bright lighting conditions as never before. Enter the hidden realm of 1/32,000-second imagination. Wonders await you.
Learn and be inspired while exploring our Image Gallery. Images are captured on Sony cameras and lenses.
- New 20.2 MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Bright ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 lens
- Superspeed shooting capabilities
Various shutter functions now enhanced
Shutter-related functions have been improved. For example, the self-timer function now supports bracket shooting, so you can use this valuable feature even in situations when you can't release the shutter yourself. The number of exposure bracket shots is expanded to nine.
This function that boosts image brightness for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
MF Assist and Peaking functions for focus refinement
These features help you fine-tune the focus as you desire. Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment, while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most in-focus area with your choice of colour to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.
Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities
Simply press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF . It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size, improve tracking performance, and take full advantage of every photo opportunity.
20.2 MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor
The world's first 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 40x super slow motion and up to 1/32000 super-high-speed shutter beyond human perception. The extended circuit features higher signal processing capacity and more than five times faster high-speed readout than conventional models.
BIONZ X for superior detail and texture
Digital cameras convert light captured by their sensor into digital images. Since the engine that powers conversion is as important as your lens and sensor, the RX10 II features the high-speed BIONZ X processor for more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations, and lower noise while shooting photos and movies.
Bright ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* F2.8 zoom lens
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* zoom lens provides a constant F2.8 large aperture throughout the 24-200mm zooming range. Composed of 7 aspherical elements, this lens captures awesome close-ups and transforms movies and stills into works of art. Pro-style Manual Ring works as a zoom and aperture controller (with click sound on/off for silent operation), etc.
Direct 4K movie recording via camera alone
The RX10 II can record high-precision 4K movie data directly on a memory card inserted into the body while suppressing moire and jaggies. A front-end LSI that handles mass volume data through full pixel readout at higher speed lets the camera suppress image distortion of moving subjects due to the rolling shutter phenomenon.
Super slow motion at maximum of 40x
Using the mode dial to select HFR, it's easy to create super slow motion movies containing split-second moments of action. Choose shooting frame rates of 960/1000fps, 480/500fps, or 240/250fps (NTSC/PAL), for the speed of a moving subject. Image quality is nearly Full HD at 240/250 fps, and HD at 480/500 fps in Quality Priority mode. The end trigger mode also enables you to capture 2 or 4 seconds before the MOVIE button is pressed, letting you capture the decisive moment.
Remote Camera Control supported
When the camera is connected to a computer, you can use Remote Camera Control to take pictures or change settings on the camera from the computer connected via USB port. All you need is to download the Remote Camera Control application of a version that supports your PC.
Connect to smartphones and tablets with one touch
Instantly transfer a photo or movie to your Android smartphone or tablet by simply touching it with the camera - using downloadable PlayMemories Mobile and built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication). One touch can also activate Smart Remote Embedded, for remote control of the camera from a mobile device and movie recording start/stop.
Support for PlayMemories Camera Apps (PMCA)
Enjoy a camera that gains functionality with time. Choose from the growing range of PlayMemories Camera Apps for remote control, picture and video effects, and much more. Installation is simple using your PC or the camera's own Wi-Fi connection.
Choose pro-quality XAVC S or AVCHD movie recording
Especially for serious videographers, XAVC S format provides low compression for high-quality movie expression and minimal noise even in scenes full of movement. You also have AVCHD format for easy editing and sharing. This camera uses 4K codec supporting 4K , movie recording at up to 100Mbps and additionally enables Full HD image recording.
Diverse movie functions supporting pro-style usage
Various available movie functions include Picture Profile (that determines the character of movies by changing basic parameters like chromogenic effects and gradation adjustment), S-Log2 gamma (that extends the dynamic range of recording to reduce occurrence of blown-out highlights and black crush), TC/UB, Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, etc.
Shoot almost anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity
Sensitivity extends right up to ISO 12800, for crisper images in extremely low light. Let Auto ISO mode determine the most appropriate setting automatically, or manually expand sensitivity as low as ISO 80. The camera also allows you to set up lower limit shutter speed at time of Auto ISO setting.
Custom button creative convenience
The custom (C) button allows you to program one of over 40 possible functions to best adapt the camera's capabilities to your shooting style. By assigning a frequently used function or a preferred setting to this button, you can call it up promptly. You'll gain convenient fingertip access to your selection - for faster, more intuitive camera operation.
Dual Rec still shooting during movie recording
Shoot still images of 17MP while recording a movie. The camera enables you to capture impressive high-quality stills even if movie-shooting. New Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take photos during movie recording. Select frequency of Auto Dual Rec release from high/standard/low settings.
Supported in Capture One Express (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world's best RAW converters, rendering precise colours and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable and integrated solution. * Please direct all inquiries on purchase, usage and support on Capture One solutions to Phase One.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter
Up to 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter works to minimise image distortion caused by the rolling shutter phenomenon. The extraordinarily fast shutter speed also allows you to produce photos with background defocusing using a large aperture setting even under extremely bright conditions at a maximum of EV19 .
Quick precision autofocusing up to 0.09 sec.
AF performance of the RX10 II reaches speeds as fast as 0.09 second. To help you capture momentary shutter opportunities without fail, the adaptable lens also provides the rapid, reliable Direct Drive Super Sonicwave Motor (SSM) for smooth and highly precise focus driving that works together with Fast Intelligent AF.
Up to 14fps continuous shooting with reduced blackout
Thanks to the new super-high-speed image sensor - and despite its 20.2 MP high pixel count - the camera features accelerated readout speed that helps achieve continuous shooting up to 14fps . This lets you capture moments of fleeting beauty or facial expressions.
Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder for inspired shooting
High-contrast electronic viewfinder (EVF) delivers high resolution equivalent to 2359k dots. Stunning resolution and self-illumination allow display of subtlest details for precise composition.
Pro-style operability and features
Count on pro-style control with a manual ring for manual operations and Multi Interface (MI) Shoe for future expandability with various accessories for advanced photographers. Solid magnesium-alloy chassis with dust/moisture resistant design of all operating parts including dials and buttons is ideal for tough outdoor use.
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 129.0 x 88.1 x 102.2mm
- Weight Approx. 813g
- Number of Pixels (Effective) 20.2 MP
- Sensor Type 1.0-type (13.2 mm x 8.8 mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Adjustable Angle Up by approx. 107degrees, down by approx. 42degrees
- Brightness Control Manual (5 steps)
- Display Selector (Finder/Lcd) Auto / EVF (Manual) / Monitor(Manual)
- MS Assist Magnification 8.6x,17.1x
- Screen Type 7.5 cm (3.0type)(4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Viewfinder 0.39-type electronic viewfinder(XGA OLED)
- Clear Image Zoom [Still]20M Approx. 16x / 10M Approx. 23x / 5M Approx. 33x / VGA Approx. 126x, [Movie]Approx. 16x
- Digital zoom [Still Image] 20M Approx.33x / 10M Approx.46x / 5M Approx.66x / VGA Approx.126x, [Movie] Approx.33
- Digital Zoom (Movie) Digital Zoom Approx.33
- Digital Zoom (Still Image) 20M Approx.33x / 10M Approx.46x / 5M Approx.66x / VGA Approx.126x
- Filter Diameter 62mm
- F-number (Maximum Aperture) F2.8 constant
- Focal length f=8.8-73.3mm
- Focus Range (From the Front to the Lens) AF (W: Approx. 3cm to infinity, T: Approx. 25cm to infinity)
- Lens type ZEISS \Vario-Sonnar T*, 14 elements in 11 groups (7 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- ND-filter Auto / On (3 steps) / Off
- Aperture iAuto(F2.8/F11) / Program Auto(F2.8/F16) / Manual(F2.8/F16) / Shutter Priority(F2.8/F11) / Aperture Priority(F2.8/F16)
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum) (Maximum Number of Recording Pixels) Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 14 fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5 fps
- Creative Style Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Focus Type Single, Continuous shooting, Speed priority continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Single-bracketing , Cont.-bracketing , White balance bracketing , DRO bracketing
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range(Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step))
- Exposure Compensation +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- Flash Mode Flash Off / Autoflash / Fill-flash / Slow Sync. / Rear Sync. /\nWireless(with optional compliant flash)
- Focus Area Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot)
- Focus Mode Single-shot AF / Continuous AF / Direct Manual Focus (DMF) / Manual Focus
- Image Control Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Colour Space (sRGB/Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW / RAW & JPEG / Extra fine / Fine / Standard)
- Image Processor BIONZ X
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie) ISO100-12800
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image) Auto: (ISO 100-12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800 (Extendable to ISO64/80); Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO 100-12800), 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600
- Light Metering Mode Multi Pattern / Centre Weighted / Spot
- LOCK ON AF Yes
- Minimum Illumination (Movie) Auto: 3.0 lux (Shutter Speed 1/30")
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR: On / Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 sec. High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off
- Number of Recognised Scenes [Still Image] Superior Auto: 44 / iAuto: 33, [Movie] 44
- Photo Creativity Yes
- Picture Effect [Still Image] Toy camera, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Colour, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolour, Illustration, [Movie] Toy camera, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Colour, High Contrast Mono.
- Picture Profile Off / PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Colour Mode, Colour Level, Colour Phase, Colour Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Scene Selection Portrait, Sports Action, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur
- Self-Timer 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Shooting Mode AUTO (Intelligent Auto / Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode(Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speed iAuto(4\-1/3200) / Program Auto(30\-1/3200) / Manual Exposure(Bulb, 30\-1/3200) / Aperture Priority(30\-1/3200) / Shutter Priority(30\-1/3200)
- Steadyshot Optical
- WB Micro Adjustment G7-M7, A7-B7
- White Balance Modes Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluor.: Warm White / Fluor.: Cool White / Fluor.: Day White / Fluor.: Daylight / Flash / C.Temp. / Filter / Custom
- Flash Type Built-in, manual pop-up
- Input and Output Terminals Headphones, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone (3.5 mm Stereo minijack), Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Multi Interface Shoe
- NFC One-touch remoteOne-touch sharing
- WI-FI Ctrl with SmartphoneSend to Smartphone: Yes (Select on This Divice / Select on Smartphone)View on TVPC transfer
- Wireless Capabilities Wi-FiNFC forum Type 3 Tag compatibleOne-touch remoteOne-touch sharing
- Operating Temperature Approx. 0ºC to 40ºC (32Fº to 104Fº)
- Playback Functions BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI) / 9/25-frame index view / Auto Orientation / Slide Show / Forward / Rewind (Movie) / Delete / Protect / Motion Shot Video
- PlayMemories Camera Apps Yes
- Shooting Functions Eye AF / Lock-on AF / Face Detection / Face Registration / Still Image Recording (during movie recording)/ Smile shutter / Grid Line / Quick Navi / Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll) / White Balance Bracketing / DRO Bracketing / MF Assist / Peaking / Zebra / Marker Display / Micref Level / Step Zoom / Quick Zoom/ Self-portrait timer/ TC/UB Photographer Name & Copyright / ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed / PC Remote Control
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Up to 400 shots / 180 min
- Battery System Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Power source DC7.2V(supplied battely) / DC5.0V(supplied AC Adoptor)
- Supplied Battery Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Recording Format sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Compatible Recording Media Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro , Memory Stick Micro (Mark2) , SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, microSD Memory Card , microSDHC Memory Card , microSDXC Memory Card
- Input and Output Terminals Recording: NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps)\nNTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) Sensor Readout Number of effective pixels: Quality Priority:240fps/250fps (1,824x1,026),480fps/500fps (1,676x566), 960fps/1000fps (1,136x384)/Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676x566), 480fps/500fps (1,136x384), 960fps/1000fps (800x270)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC) [NTSC] AVCHD: 28M PS(1,920x1,080/60p) / 24M FX(1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/60i) / 24M FX(1,920x1,080/24p) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M(3,840x2,160/30p) / 30p 60M(3,840x2,160/30p) / 24p 100M(3,840x2,160/24p) / 24p 60M(3,840x2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/24p) / 120p 100M(1,920x1,080/120p) / 120p 60M(1,920x1,080/120p), MP4: 28M(1,920x1,080/60p) / 16M(1,920x1,080/30p) / 6M(1,280x720/30p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL) [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS(1,920x1,080/50p) / 24M FX(1,920x1,080/50i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/50i) / 24M FX(1,920x1,080/25p) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M(3,840x2,160/25p) / 25p 60M(3,840x2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M(1,920x1,080/50p) / 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/25p) / 100p 100M(1,920x1,080/100p) / 100p 60M(1,920x1,080/100p), MP4: 28M(1,920x1,080/50p) / 16M(1,920x1,080/25p) / 6M(1,280x720/25p)
- Recording Format [Still image] JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), [Movie] XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- Recording Format XAVC S: LPCM 2ch / AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator) / MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Number of Recording Pixels (Image Size) [16:9] 17M (5,472x3,080) / 7.5M (3,648x2,056) / 4.2M (2,720x1,528)
- Brightness Control Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather mode
- Dioptre Adjustment -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Eye Point Approx.23mm from the eyepiece, 21.5mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(diopter) (CIPA standard)
- Field Coverage 100%
- Magnification Approx. 0.70x with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1(diopter) (35mm equiv.)
- Screen Type/Number of Dots 0.39-type electronic viewfinder(XGA OLED), 2,359,296dots
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- DSC-RX10M2 E32