55" KD-55X9000H Full Array LED 4K Android TV
- Zones of LEDs lit or dimmed independently for realistic brightness and shadow detail
- Remarkable realism of 4K HDR Processor X1
- Upscale any content closer to 4K with 4K X-Reality PRO
- Sound in harmony with picture for an immersive experience
Immerse yourself in Full Array LED contrast and cinematic sound
See details revealed in shadow and light, hear sound from exactly the right place on screen. This minimalist 4K Ultra HD TV is ideal for enjoying your favourite movies.
Over 5000 apps, more than any other smart TV
Sony's Android Smart TV has an unbeatable number of apps. Choose the ones that make your life more fun and entertaining.
No more waiting
Apps start fast and there's no more waiting when you switch between apps-Netflix starts 3x faster than before.
Control your TV and smart devices with your voice
You can ask your TV with the Google Assistant to connect and communicate with your smart devices including security cameras and appliances. It's truly effortless and offers the ultimate experience.
Connect with your Alexa
Connect your Alexa enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.
Works with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
Preserving the passion of the creators
To address colour variations from the production process, this TV is ready to use Portrait Displays' high-performance Calman auto-calibration software. This allows an unprecedented level of calibration and the ability to fine tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings. It delivers high-fidelity colour reproduction that's true to the original TV signal and can even adapt to the subtlest changes in colour that may occur over time. This TV is Calman Ready, allowing customers to benefit from software used by visual creators in post-production, quality-control workflows, further demonstrating our commitment to deliver pictures with professional-grade colour calibrated accuracy in the home.
Hear high quality sound
Designed to complement the sound quality and slimness of the TV with its unique new shape, our X-Balanced Speaker drives movies and music with clear sound.
Making fast-moving scenes bright and clear
On some screens, sports and fast action scenes can seem to go by in a blur. Our latest X-Motion Clarity technology keeps everything smooth, bright and clear. Each 'blink' is individually controlled and its duration optimised, while brightness is boosted when needed, so you won't miss a thing.
Say what you want to watch
Find your favourite content faster than ever using the power of your voice. With Voice Search, there's no more complicated navigation or tiresome typing - you just have to ask.
Reproduces a wider, more precise range of colours
By widening the colour spectrum, TRILUMINOS powered by our X1 processors reproduces more colours than a conventional television. It analyses and processes data in every image to make colours even more natural and precise so pictures are closer than ever to real life.
Enjoy the precision of lifelike contrast
Discover how real pictures can be when you bring out the fine details. With zones of LEDs lit independently, Full Array LED provides more realistic contrast by making light areas lighter and dark areas darker. Contrast is further enhanced by X-tended Dynamic Range, which adjusts brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow.
Super resolution, whatever you're watching
See glorious 4K pictures, rich with real world detail and texture, exclusively powered by our 4K HDR processor X1. Images filmed in 2K and even Full HD are upscaled close to 4K resolution by 4K X-Reality PRO using a unique 4K database.
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the colour in individual objects on screen is analysed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures and more realistic pictures.
Beautifully matched pictures and sound
Sound on conventional TVs with a speaker located below the screen is often out of sync with the picture. Our Acoustic Multi-Audio includes two sound positioning tweeters at the back of the TV that enable sound to follow the action for a truly immersive experience.
Narrow Aluminium Bezel
A slim aluminium bezel keeps you focused on the action, not what's around it.
Minimalist stand, designed for harmony
The thin metal stand takes a minimalist approach and blends beautifully in contemporary rooms.
Just talk, a fun way to explore new worlds
Find all the entertainment you can dream of, as fast as you can talk. With advanced voice control, this Android smart TV lets you enjoy movies and shows from apps or broadcast in an instant.
Works with Apple AirPlay / Apple HomeKit
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream video and audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from Apple TV app, your favourite apps, or even Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.
Send to a bigger, better screen with Chromecast
Chromecast lets you cast your favourite videos, games and apps from your mobile device, in full quality, to your Chromecast built-in TV. Just one tap of the Cast button on your Android or iOS screen is all you need to supersize the things you love. Cast your content then continue browsing on your phone or tablet.
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set top boxes and other devices via HDMI to your TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use too.
Google Play: A world of content and apps
Discover movies and TV shows, games and much more from Google Play. Enjoy a huge and ever-growing choice of apps on your TV in a brand new way.
Clear Phase for smooth, balanced frequencies
BRAVIA uses a powerful computer model to analyse and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by 'sampling' the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker's natural response - resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
Connect BLUETOOTH compatible devices to your TV for easy wire free entertainment. Pair your Bluetooth headphones or earphones with BRAVIA and enjoy TV shows and music in your favourite place - without any disturbances or interruptions.
Enjoy studio quality with Netflix Calibrated Mode
This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator's vision and intent is faithfully preserved.
Embrace the thrills of the cinema
Enjoy cinematic thrills at home. Dolby Vision brings scenes vividly to life for authentic viewing, while Dolby Atmos fills the room with immersive surround sound.
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels) 3840x2160
- Backlight type Direct(Full Array LED)
- Internet Browser Vewd
- Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- USB playback codecs MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/LPCM/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG;WEBM:VP9/AC4/ogg/AAC/ARW(Screen nail only)
- USB drive format support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS
- RS-232C Input(s) No
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) Yes (ARC)
- HDCP HDCP2.3(for HDMI1/2/3/4)
- Bluetooth profile support Version 4.2;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) /AVRCP (AV remote control)
- Features specified in HDMI 2.1 4K120 (8) / eARC (9)
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) DVB-T/T2
- TV System (Digital Cable) -
- CI+ -
- Stand design Metal Blade Stand
- USB ports 2(Side)
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s) 1(Side)
- HDMI inputs total 4(4Side)
- Ethernet inputs 1(Side)
- Digital Audio Output(s) 1(Side)
- Composite Video Input(s) 1(Side)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) No
Picture and Audio Features
- Sound modes -
- Picture modes Vivid,Standard,Cinema,Game,Graphics,Photo,Custom,Dolby Vision Bright,Dolby Vision Dark,Netflix calibrated
- Motion enhancer X-Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility Yes(HDR10,HLG,Dolby Vision)
- Auto Calibration with Calman Yes
- TV Centre Speaker Mode -
- Speaker Configuration Full Range (Bass Reflex) x 2
- Voice Zoom -
- Netflix Calibrated Mode Yes
- USB HDD Recording No
- On/Off Timer Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Yes
- HDMI-CEC Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Saving Mode / Back Light Off Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (in standby) 0.5W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals -
- Peak luminance ratio for EU -
- Mercury content(mg) 0.0 mg
- Presence of lead Yes
- Annual Power Consumption* -
Dimensions and Weight
- Weight of TV with Floor Stand -
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross) Approx. 23 kg
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H) 300x300 mm
- Screen Size (inch, measured diagonally) 55\(54.6\)
- Dimension of TV with Floor Stand (W x H x D) -
- Weight of TV without Stand Approx. 16.5 kg
- Weight of TV with Stand Approx. 17.5 kg
- Stand Width Approx. 1053 mm
- Released 2020
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- KD-55X9000H AZ1