More ways to enjoy exceptional sound
Supported by Android™, with Wi-Fi for downloading and streaming, the NW-ZX500 Walkman® lets you enjoy truly authentic sound from all your favourite music sources.
- High-Resolution Audio compatible
- 11.2MHz DSD native, PCM 384kHz/32bit playback
- Supported by Android, Wi-Fi compatible
Copper milled block
Inside the Walkman's compact body, components are mounted on a milled block crafted from copper. Thanks to its larger dimensions, compared to previous models, the block results in reduced resistance and improves electrical grounding for the digital section, enabling the NW-ZX500 to realise even clearer sound.
Newly developed FT CAP
Custom-made for Sony and tuned by Sony engineers, the newly developed FT CAP (high polymer capacitor) strengthens the power supply to the amp block for a balanced output. This helps the NW-ZX500 deliver expansive vocals and instrumentation, plus powerful bass notes.
Advanced solder containing gold
The exceptional conductivity of gold ensures absolute minimum signal loss. For clearer sound and vocals, a premium, audio-grade lead-free solder with a small amount of gold connects the circuit of the NW-ZX500 to the battery.
Compact, handy size
The NW-ZX500 Walkman offers high-quality sound in a compact device - so you can take your favourite music with you anywhere.
Cassette Tape UI
The NW-ZX500 features a special Cassette Tape user interface and screensaver. The cassette tape visual that appears on your Walkman display varies depending on the codec of the music you're listening to.
20hr battery life
Enjoy up to 20 hours of 128 kbps MP3 playback, or up to 18 hours of 96 KHz FLAC High-Resolution Audio playback.
Larger touch panel for easy operation
The 3.6-inch touch panel on the NW-ZX500 is 16 per cent larger than the touch panel on its predecessor, the NW-ZX300. Managing and enjoying your music has never been easier.
Expandable storage for endless playlists
In addition to the 64GB integrated memory, there's also an SD card slot, enabling you to take even the biggest music collections on the go.
Finished in high quality aluminium, the curved body of the NW-ZX500 is designed to sit comfortably in your palm and slide easily into your pocket.
Intuitive side key controls
Easily access play/pause, change music selection and adjust volume using conveniently positioned side panel controls.
Walkman 40th Anniversary
This year marks the 40th Anniversary of Walkman. The first Walkman TPS-L2 launched in 1979 and became a design and engineering icon, changing the way people listen to music forever. For the first time, it was possible to enjoy your favourite tracks, albums and artists in high quality sound, anytime, anywhere - and we've been doing so ever since.
MQA files played and decoded
Master Quality Authenticated is an audio format that compresses large studio quality files without audible loss so you can easily enjoy High-Resolution Audio music on your Walkman.
Every note as the artist intended
Take your digital music collection to another level with High-Resolution Audio. By capturing and reproducing digital audio at a higher rate than CD (24-bit/96kHz and beyond), High-Resolution Audio allows you to get closer to the original studio recording.
11.2 MHz DSD Native / PCM 384kHz
Supreme quality with 11.2MHz DSD native using balanced headphones and PCM 384KHz/32-bit support.
The S-Master HX digital amp reduces distortion and noise across a wide range of frequencies for rich, full-bodied sound.
Audio upscaling is improved even further by our DSEE HX processor which intelligently recognises instruments, voices and musical genres. By identifying these, and the relative energy of the audio, it can accurately rebuild audio lost during digital compression, for a full fidelity experience, even with compressed formats. The DSEE HX processor still works even when you're streaming music.
High-Resolution Audio wireless
Enjoy High-Resolution Audio quality music streaming thanks to LDAC, our premium wireless codec. With 3x the bitrate of standard BLUETOOTH technology, you can enjoy a superior listening experience for all your music.
A ⌀4.4mm balanced connector supplies compatible headphones with fully-discrete left and right channels for less noise and clearer sound.
Aluminium milled frame
A rigid aluminium milled frame provides strong resistance to electrical noise, helping the NW-ZX500 to deliver clear, powerful bass notes.
Premium design & Compact, handy sizeFinished in high quality aluminium, the curved body of the NW-ZX500 is designed to sit comfortably in your palm and slide easily into your pocket.
20hr battery lifeEnjoy up to 20 hours of 128 kbps MP3 playback, or up to 18 hours of 96 KHz FLAC High-Resolution Audio playback.
Larger touch panel for easy operationThe 3.6-inch touch panel on the NW-ZX500 is 16% larger than the touch panel on its predecessor, the NW-ZX300. Managing and enjoying your music has never been easier.
Expandable storage for endless playlistsIn addition to the 64GB integrated memory, there’s also an SD card slot, enabling you to take even the biggest music collections on the go.
- Digital Noise Cancelling -
Playback and display
- Sound Effects Direct Source (Direct) ,10 Band equalizer,DSEE HX,DC Phase Linearizer,Dynamic Normalizer,Vinyl Processor
- Music Searching Methods All Songs,Artist,Release Year,Playlists,Album,Genre,Composer,Hi-Res,Recent Transfers,Folder,Cue sheet
- Music Play Mode Shuffle Playback,Repeat Off,Repeat 1 Song,Repart All,All Range,Selected Range
- Drag and Drop Yes
- Display Type TFT colour display with white LED-backlight
- Display Resolution 3.6-inch (9.1 cm) ,HD (1280 x 720 Pixels)
- Audio Playback MP3 ( .MP3): 32 - 320kbps (supports VBR) / 32, 44.1, 48kHz ,WMA ( .WMA): 32 - 192kbps (supports VBR) / 44.1kHz,FLAC ( .flac): 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz,WAV ( .WAV): 16, 24, 32bit (Float / Integer) / 8-384kHz,AAC ( .mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 16-320kbps / 8-48kHz,HE-AAC ( .mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 32-144kbps / 8-48kHz,Apple Lossless ( .mp4, .m4a): 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz,AIFF ( .aif, .aiff, .afc, .aifc): 16, 24, 32bit / 8-384kHz,DSD ( .dsf, .dff): 1bit / 2.8224, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz,APE ( .ape): 8, 16, 24bit / 8-192kHz (Fast, Normal, High) ,MQA ( .mqa.flac): Supported
- Charging Time (full charge) Approx. 6.5 hrs
- Battery Life - Continuous Playback Music MP3 (128kbps) / Stereo mini-jack: 20 hours,MP3 (128kbps) / Balanced standard-jack: 19 hours,AAC (256kbps) / Stereo mini-jack: 20 hours,AAC (256kbps) / Balanced standard-jack: 19 hours, FLAC (192kHz / 24bit) / Stereo mini-jack: 16 hours,FLAC (192kHz / 24bit) / Balanced standard-jack: 15 hours,DSD (2.8224MHz / 1bit) / Stereo mini-jack: 10 hours,DSD (2.8224MHz / 1bit) / Balanced standard-jack: 9 hours
- Operating System Android 9.0
Size and Weight
- Width (cm) 0.00
- Height (cm) 0.00
- Weight (kg) 0.00
- Carton Width (cm) 17.00
- Carton Height (cm) 11.50
- Carton Weight (kg) 2.28
- Released 2020
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- NW-ZX507/BC E