50" X90J | BRAVIA XR | Full Array LED | 4K Ultra HD | High Dynamic Range | Smart TV (Google TV)
- Cognitive Processor XR™ understands how humans see and hear for true immersion
- Enjoy personalised content and new entertainment with Google TV™
- Zones of LEDs lit or dimmed independently for deep blacks & high brightness
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
World’s first cognitive intelligence TV
Our BRAVIA XR™ TV takes vision and sound to the next level with the ingenious Cognitive Processor XR. It understands how humans see and hear, providing a whole new experience that immerses you completely in the scene.
Works with Ok Google
Connect to a Google Assistant-enabled device for hands-free control of your Sony TV. You can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, all with just your voice. Just start with, "Ok Google."
Works with Apple AirPlay / Apple HomeKit
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream video and audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from Apple TV app, your favourite apps, or even Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Enjoy cinematic thrills at home. Dolby Vision brings scenes vividly to life for authentic viewing, while Dolby Atmos fills the room with immersive surround sound.
XR Contrast Booster 5
By precisely balancing light output across the screen, dimming some areas and boosting others, XR Contrast Booster adjusts brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow. As bright areas are brighter and dark areas darker, scenes look more real with extra depth and detail.
Our Acoustic Multi-Audio includes sound positioning tweeters at the back of the TV that enable sound to follow the action for a truly immersive experience.
Feel breathtaking contrast, just as in real life. Our Cognitive Processor XR cross analyses data, enhancing pictures in the same way that the human eye focuses for real life colour and depth. With XR Contrast booster, bright areas are brighter and dark areas darker - no more details overwhelmed by shadow or lost in blown-out highlights.
Your TV is more helpful than ever. Use your voice to find movies, stream apps, play music, and control the TV. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, or get personalized recommendations by saying, "what should I watch?" Even get answers like sports scores, control smart home devices, and more. Talk to Google to get started.
Chromecast lets you cast your favourite videos, games and apps from your mobile device, in full quality, to your Chromecast built in TV. Just one tap of the Cast button on your Android or iOS screen is all you need to supersize the things you love. Cast your content then continue browsing on your phone or tablet.
All your connected devices can be controlled with our smart commander. One button access to video on demand services brings shows and movies into your room in seconds.
Flush Surface design
As the bezel is extremely narrow, your eyes naturally focus on the picture, not what's around it.
Our Living Decor turns your TV into an essential part of your living space with on screen artwork, personal photos, screensaver themes and clock functions.
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels) 3840 x 2160
- Backlight type Direct(Full Array LED)
- Internet Browser Vewd
- Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- USB playback codecs MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/LPCM/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG;WEBM:VP9/AC4/ogg/AAC/ARW(Screen nail only)
- USB drive format support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS
- RS-232C Input(s) No
- IF (Satellite) Connection Input(s) No
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) Yes (eARC/ARC)
- HDCP HDCP2.3(for HDMI1/2/3/4)
- Bluetooth profile support version 4.2;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) /AVRCP (AV remote control)
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) DVB-T/T2
- TV System (Digital Cable) -
- CI+ -
- Stand design Slim Blade stand
- USB ports 2(Side)
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s) 1(Side)
- HDMI inputs total 4(4Side)
- Ethernet inputs 1(Side)
- Digital Audio Output(s) 1(Side)
- Composite Video Input(s) 1(Side, Mini jack)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) No
Picture and Audio Features
- X-Reality™ PRO XR 4K Upscaling
- Sound modes Standard, Dialog, Cinema, Music, Sports, Dolby Audio
- Picture modes Vivid,Standard,Cinema,Game,Graphics,Photo,Custom,Dolby Vision Bright,Dolby Vision Dark,Netflix calibrated
- Motion enhancer XR Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility Yes(HDR10,HLG,Dolby Vision)
- Audio Acoustic Multi-Audio
- USB HDD Recording No
- On/Off Timer Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Yes
- HDMI-CEC Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Saving Mode / Back Light Off Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (in standby) 0.5 W
- Mercury content(mg) 0.0 mg
- Presence of lead -
Dimensions and Weight
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross) Approx. 19 kg
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H) 200 x 200 mm
- Screen Size (inch, measured diagonally) 50\(49.5\)
- Weight of TV without Stand Approx. 13.5 kg
- Released 2021
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- XR-50X90J AZ1