Versatile. Sophisticated. Powerful.
Featuring flexible speaker solutions, DTS:X, and Dolby Atmos® support, the STR-DN1080 delivers mighty, cinematic surround sound that perfectly adapts to you, and your environment.
- 165W per channel power output
- Dolby Atmos and DTS: X compatible
- 4K Ultra HD and HDR compatible
7.2 Channel Home Theater AV Receiver
“(This) receiver performed sterling duty delivering to loudspeakers the music and sounds... delivering to a TV screen the video provided to its inputs.”
Sony STR-DN1080, Sound Image, July 2017Read the full review
Control made easy with a Graphic User Interface
It's easy to navigate your receiver's settings, thanks to an intuitive home menu. Control what you watch, identify which devices are connected, and choose how you want to listen with pre-set sound modes.
Touch, connect, and play
Enjoy simple wireless listening with One-touch NFC. Just touch a compatible smartphone to the receiver for Bluetooth audio.
Enjoy music from AirPlay-enabled devices.
The Way The Artists Truly Intended
Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher-than-CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker, so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
Discover Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos delivers breathtaking realism with 360º surround sound, accurately positioning sound within your environment so that the 7.1.2 speaker channels (including Phantom Surround Back) completely envelopes you in sound - even from above.
Discover DTS: X
DTS-X decoding delivers multi-dimensional surround sound that adapts to your speaker configuration in real time. Sounds can be positioned precisely around and above you thanks to 9 speaker channels (including Phantom Surround Back speakers) and object-based audio decoding
Flexible speaker solutions
Sony's flexible speaker solutions 'relocate' sound to simulate the optimal position and angle for the best audio experience, working around any physical space restrictions.
Phantom Surround Back
The Phantom Surround Back speaker setting replicates the immersive sound of physical Surround Back speakers, enabling you to enjoy a 7 channel surround sound experience with only a 5 channel speaker setup.
Virtual surround with S-Force Pro Front Surround
Ideal for smaller rooms, S-Force PRO front surround delivers a virtual surround acoustic field using only 2 speakers. No need to place rear speakers behind you.
Seamless auto calibration
Combining auto calibration technology with virtual speaker relocation, D.C.A.C EX automatically optimises speaker frequencies, phase and delays, to deliver a sound field perfectly suited to your room.
- Power Output 165W (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven THD 0.9%)
- Number of Amp. Channels 7ch
- Automatic Phase Matching D.C.A.C. EX\n;Speaker Relocation\n;Phantom Surround Back\n;Automatic Phase Matching\n;Calibration Mic (Stereo)
- IR Repeat (In/Out) Yes (1 / 1)
- 2nd Zone Audio Speaker (Variable) / Line (Variable, Fixed)
- Decoding Format for HDMI DSD\n, LCPM, Dolby Atmos\n, Dolby Digital\n, Dolby Dual Mono\n, DTS: X\n, DTS HD MA,\n DTS HD HR\n, DTS\n, DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1), DTS 96 / 24
- GUI (Graphical User Interface) YES (Only through HDMI)
- HDMI supporting HDCP 2.2 In/Out 6 / 2
- HDMI Zone Yes
Hi Resolution Audio
- Hi-Res Format DSDIFF (DSD): Up to 5.6MHz 5.1ch\n, DSF: Up to 5.6MHz 5.1ch\n, WAV(LCPM): Up to 192kHz/24 bit 7.1ch,AIFF(LCPM): Up to 192kHz/24 bit 5.1ch, FLAC: Up to 192kHz / 24 bit 5.1ch\n, ALAC: Up to 192kHz / 24 bit 5.1ch
- Input and Output Terminals Audio Input Opt (1) \n;Audio Input Coax (1) \n;Analog Audio Input (4) \n;Pre Out Subwoofer (2) \n;Composite Monitor Out (1) \n;Headphone Output (1) \n;USB (1 Front) \n;Ethernet Port (1)
- Network features Bluetooth Receiver\n, Bluetooth Transmitter\n, NFC\n, Wi-Fi\n, Airplay\n, Mobile Control Application, Wireless Multi Room
- Networked Standby Mode Activated – Terminals After 19 minutes (Bluetooth)
- Number of Decodable Channels 7ch + Phantom 2ch
- Other Format [MP3].MP3, [AAC / HE-AAC].m4a, .AAC, [WMA9 Standard].WMA
- Power Consumption (Off Mode) not available
- Power Requirement 230V 50 / 60Hz
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals 1.5W(Bluetooth) / 1.5W(all terminals and networks connected)
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode) 0,4W
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 430 x 156 x 331
- Weight 9.7
- Sound Enhancement Technologies DSD Native Playback\n, DSEE HX\n, Pure Direct\n, Sound Optimizer\n, Center Speaker Lift Up\n, Digital Legato Linear, In-Ceiling Speaker Mode
- Sound Field 2ch Stereo\n, Direct\n, Multi Ch Stereo\n, Dolby Surround\n, Neural: X\n, Front Surround\n, Audio Enhancer\n, Headphone 2ch
- Speaker Output Terminals Front A\n, Center\n, Surround\n, Surround Back\n, Zone2 (Common with Surround Back)\n, Height (Common with Surround Back),Front B (Common with Surround Back)\n, Bi-AMP (Common with Surround Back)
- Standby Mode Activated After 19 minutes
- Preset Channel (Sirius/XM/FM/AM) TTL30 (30 / -)
- FM/AM Yes / -
- RDS Yes
- 3D over HDMI Yes
- Audio Return Channel Yes
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Yes
- BRAVIA® SYNC™ (CEC Control) Yes (One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off)
- HDMI® Pass Through Yes
- 4K 60p 4:4:4 Support Yes (except VIDEO1 input)
- Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch Change the bluetooth setting in \MENU\(Setup -> Bluetooth Settings -> Bluetooth Mode -> OFF).
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs