RX100 V The premium 1.0-type sensor compact camera with superior AF performance
DSC-RX10 System Software (Firmware)
Version 2.0. 30-03-2017
The best-performing compact with 1.0-type sensor
Meet the RX100 V — the ultimate compact for capturing movies and stills in captivating detail. This camera inherits the RX100 series’ renowned 1.0-type image sensor, and advances with blazing-fast 0.05-second autofocus, 315 AF points for the world’s most comprehensive phase-detection coverage of its kind, continuous shooting up to 24 fps with AF/ AE tracking, as well as outstanding 4K movie capabilities.
Learn and be inspired while exploring our Image Gallery. Images are captured on Sony cameras and lenses.
- New 20.1MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Large-diameter ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 lens
- Superspeed shooting capabilities
Control ring for advanced photography
Convenient lens-mounted control ring allows you to operate pro-style manual control such as selecting shutter speed, aperture, and more for added creative command - another feature making this camera an ideal choice for serious photographers.
Up to 16fps continuous shooting with reduced blackout
Thanks to the new super-high-speed image sensor - and despite its 20.1MP high pixel count - the camera features accelerated readout speed that helps achieve continuous shooting up to 16fps . This lets you capture moments of fleeting beauty or facial expressions.
180º tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition
High-resolution 3.0-type screen with tilt capability is perfect for taking selfies and framing of otherwise impossible overhead or low-angle shots. You can use it in high/low shooting positions for greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
Rapid AF response to capture decisive moments
The camera adopts Fast Intelligent AF featuring high-speed, highly accurate contrast-detection autofocus. Improved from the AF system used in a7 series, it achieves focus by minimising wasted lens motion, predicting AF range, and accelerating lens drive, thereby improving response so you can capture even more fleeting moments.
Choose pro-quality XAVC S or AVCHD movie recording
Especially for serious videographers, XAVC S format provides low compression for high-quality movie expression and minimal noise even in scenes full of movement. You also have AVCHD format for easy editing and sharing. This camera uses 4K codec supporting 4K movie recording at up to 100Mbps and additionally enables Full HD image recording.
Dual Rec still shooting during movie recording
Shoot still images of 17MP while recording a movie. The camera enables you to capture impressive high-quality stills even if movie-shooting. New Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take photos during movie recording. Select frequency of Auto Dual Rec release from high/standard/low settings.
Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities
Simply press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF . It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size, improve tracking performance, and take full advantage of every photo opportunity.
Various shutter functions now enhanced
Shutter-related functions have been improved. For example, the self-timer function now supports bracket shooting, so you can use this valuable feature even in situations when you can't release the shutter yourself. The number of exposure bracket shots is expanded to nine.
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens for high depiction
Large-diameter ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 lens allows wide-angle shooting out to 24mm. Maximum aperture of F2.8 brightness at the telephoto end enables shooting images without camera shake and subject motion blur and capturing photos (such as portraits) with beautiful background defocusing. ZEISS T* Coating reduces ghost and flare.
20.1 MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor
The world's first 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 40x super slow motion and up to 1/32000 super-high-speed shutter beyond human perception. The extended circuit features higher signal processing capacity and more than five times faster high-speed readout than conventional models.
- Number of Pixels (Effective) Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Type 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Adjustable Angle Up by approx. 180 degrees, down by approx. 45degrees
- Screen Type 7.5 cm (3.0type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Lens type ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- ND-filter Auto / On (3 steps) / Off
- LOCK ON AF Yes
- Minimum Illumination (Movie) Auto: 1.2lux (Shutter Speed 1 / 30)
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR: On / Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1 / 3 s , high ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off , Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO200-25600
- Picture Profile off / PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2) , Black Gamma, Knee, colour Mode, colour Level, colour Phase, colour Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Input and Output Terminals Multi/Micro USB Terminal Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0)Micro HDMI
- Battery System Rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Number of Recording Pixels (Image Size) Image Size:3:2mode:20M(5,472x3,648) / 10M(3,888x2,592) / 5M(2,736x1,824),4:3mode:18M(4,864x3,648) / 10M(3,648x2,736) / 5M(2,592x1,944) / VGA,16:9mode:17M(5,472x3,080) / 7.5M(3,648x2,056) / 4.2M(2,720x1,528),1:1mode:13M(3,648x3,648) / 6.5M(2,544x2,544) / 3.7M(1,920x1,920) ,Sweep Panorama:Wide(12,416x1,856/5,536x2,160),Standard(8,192x1,856/3,872x2,160), Image Size during Movie:16:9mode:17M(5,472x3,080) / 7.5M(3,648x2,056) / 4.2M(2,720x1,528)
- Released 2016
- Discontinued 2018
- Replaced by DSCRX100M5A
Model: VCT55LH$79.95 NZD
Model: VCTR640$79.95 NZD
RECOMMENDED CAMERA FLASH
Model: HVLLE1$329.95 NZD
Model: LCSRXGB$229.95 NZD
Model: LCJRXF$119.95 NZD
RECOMMENDED BATTERY / CHARGER
Model: NPBX1$79.95 NZD
RECOMMENDED SCREEN ACCESSORIES
Model: CLMFHD5$1,099.95 NZD
Model: RMVPR1$99.95 NZD
Model: RMSPR1$34.95 NZD
Model: RMTVP1K$79.95 NZD
RECOMMENDED MARINE PACK
Model: MPKURX100A$649.95 NZD
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- DSC-RX100M5 E32