55" KD-55A8H OLED 4K Android TV
Deep OLED blacks, pure sound harmony
A high-powered processor in this 4K OLED TV creates a beautiful OLED picture in total harmony with sound. All from a stunning one-slate design.
- OLED delivers unprecedented black, contrast and colour
- Picture Processor X1 Ultimate for unparalleled realism
- Upscale any content to 4K with 4K X-Reality PRO
- Sound in harmony with picture for an immersive experience
Preserving the passion of the creators
To address colour variations from the production process, this TV is ready to use Portrait Displays' high-performance Calman auto-calibration software. This allows an unprecedented level of calibration and the ability to fine tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings. It delivers high-fidelity colour reproduction that's true to the original TV signal and can even adapt to the subtlest changes in colour that may occur over time. This TV is Calman Ready, allowing customers to benefit from software used by visual creators in post-production, quality-control workflows, further demonstrating our commitment to deliver pictures with professional-grade colour calibrated accuracy in the home.
Reproduces a wider, more precise range of colours
By widening the colour spectrum, TRILUMINOS powered by our X1 processors reproduces more colours than a conventional television. It analyses and processes data in every image to make colours even more natural and precise so pictures are closer than ever to real life.
Supreme resolution, whatever you're watching
Any kind of content can be upconverted to lifelike 4K resolution with Sony's unique features. Our X1 Ultimate, twice as fast as the X1 Extreme, precisely analyses and processes data to enrich 4K pictures with real world detail and texture. Even images filmed in 2K and Full HD are upscaled close to 4K by 4K X-Reality PRO using a unique 4K database. Resolution of each subject is then optimised by Object-based Super Resolution to reproduce virtually real world textures.
Boosting colour and contrast for extra depth and realism
See real-world colours, discover the detail in deep shadow and bright highlights. With Pixel Contrast Booster, colour and contrast are enhanced in bright areas so you can enjoy scenes full of lifelike shades and hues, more depth, fine texture and the pure black contrast that only OLED can deliver.
Beautiful colours from any angle
Watching TV from the sides is now as satisfying as from the centre. Our self-illuminating OLED panel keeps colours consistent and true, wherever you're watching.
Making fast-moving scenes bright and clear
With pictures created by millions of individually controlled pixels, everything is sharp and clear on OLED. And with our X-Motion Clarity technology, even fast action stays smooth and clear. Moving images are precisely controlled to minimise blur so that pictures remain true with less loss in brightness during high speed scenes.
Super Bit Mapping HDR
There are thousands of tones, shades and gradations of light in a sunset. Super Bit Mapping HDR reveals them. It creates smooth, natural 4K TV picture quality as you watch, without the "banding" that can occur on other TVs.
Send to a bigger, better screen with Chromecast
Chromecast lets you cast your favourite videos, games and apps from your mobile device, in full quality, to your TV. Just one tap of the Cast button on your Android or iOS screen is all you need to supersize the things you love. Cast your content then continue browsing on your phone or tablet.
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set top boxes and other devices via HDMI to your TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use too.
Google Play: A world of content and apps
Discover movies and TV shows, games and much more from Google Play. Enjoy a huge and ever-growing choice of apps on your TV in a brand new way.
Clear Phase for smooth, balanced frequencies
BRAVIA uses a powerful computer model to analyse and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by 'sampling' the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker's natural response - resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
Connect BLUETOOTH compatible devices to your TV for easy wire free entertainment. Pair your Bluetooth headphones or earphones with BRAVIA and enjoy TV shows and music in your favourite place - without any disturbances or interruptions.
Enjoy studio quality with Netflix Calibrated Mode
This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator's vision and intent is faithfully preserved.
Cable clutter minimised
Cable holders keep wires neatly hidden so your television stays free of clutter and looks good from the front, the sides and the back.
Say what you want to watch
Find your favourite content faster than ever using the power of your voice. With Voice Search, there's no more complicated navigation or tiresome typing - you just have to ask.
Just talk, a fun way to explore new worlds
Find all the entertainment you can dream of, as fast as you can talk. With advanced voice control, this Android smart TV lets you enjoy movies and shows from apps or broadcast in an instant.
Over 5000 apps, more than any other smart TV
Sony's Android Smart TV has an unbeatable number of apps. Choose the ones that make your life more fun and entertaining.
No more waiting
Apps start fast and there's no more waiting when you switch between apps-Netflix starts 3x faster than before.
Our Android TVs are recommended by Netflix
Netflix have created an easy way for you to identify TVs with better performance, easier app access, and new features that make for a better smart TV. Netflix recommended TVs help you enjoy popular shows and movies with a dedicated button and voice control.
Control your TV and smart devices with your voice
You can ask your TV with the Google Assistant to connect and communicate with your smart devices including security cameras and appliances. It's truly effortless and offers the ultimate experience.
Connect with your Alexa
Connect your Alexa enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.
Works with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
Works with Apple AirPlay / Apple HomeKit
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream video and audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from Apple TV app, your favourite apps, or even Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.
Embrace the thrills of the cinema
Enjoy cinematic thrills at home. Dolby Vision brings scenes vividly to life for authentic viewing, while Dolby Atmos fills the room with immersive surround sound.
The processor that brings the best out of OLED's beautyThe same powerful processor used to drive our 8K3 TVs precisely analyzes image data to bring out the intense contrast of OLED, with pure blacks, peak brightness and truly realistic pictures.
Sound and picture in harmony—the screen is the speakerBy having the screen act as the speaker, sound and picture work perfectly together with sound coming from the right place on the screen for a more cinematic experience.
One-slate design concept, incredibly thinWith our super-slim one-slate design, the screen meets the edge of the TV, immersing you in the picture without distraction.4
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels) 3840x2160
- Backlight type -
- Internet Browser Vewd
- Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- USB playback codecs MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/LPCM/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG;WEBM:VP9/AC4/ogg/AAC/ARW(Screen nail only)
- USB drive format support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS
- RS-232C Input(s) No
- IF (Satellite) Connection Input(s) No
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) Yes (eARC/ARC)
- Bluetooth profile support Version 4.2;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) /AVRCP (AV remote control)
- Chromecast Built-in Yes
- Apple AirPlay Yes
- Apple HomeKit Yes
- Features specified in HDMI 2.1 eARC
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) DVB-T/T2
- TV System (Digital Cable) -
- CI+ -
- Stand design Metal Blade Stand
- USB ports 2(Side)/1(Bottom)
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s) 1(Bottom)
- HDMI inputs total 4(1Side,3Bottom)
- Ethernet inputs 1(Bottom)
- Digital Audio Output(s) 1(Bottom)
- Composite Video Input(s) 1(Side)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) No
- Audio Output(s) -
- Headphone Output(s) 1(Side)
- Subwoofer Output(s) -
Picture and Audio Features
- Sound modes Standard, Dialog, Cinema, Music, Sports, Dolby Audio
- Picture modes Vivid,Standard,Cinema,Game,Graphics,Photo,Custom,Dolby Vision Bright,Dolby Vision Dark,Netflix calibrated
- Motion enhancer X-Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility Yes(HDR10,HLG,Dolby Vision)
- Audio Description (Audio Key) Yes
- Auto Calibration with Calman Yes
- TV Centre Speaker Mode -
- Speaker Configuration Actuator x 2, Subwoofer x 2
- Sensor Light
- Acoustic Auto Calibration Yes
- Voice Zoom Voice Zoom
- Netflix Calibrated Mode Yes
- USB HDD Recording No
- On/Off Timer Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Yes
- HDMI-CEC Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Saving Mode / Back Light Off Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (in standby) 0.5W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals -
- Peak luminance ratio for EU -
- Mercury content(mg) 0.0 mg
- Presence of lead Yes
- Annual Power Consumption* 489kWh/Year
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 139 cm
Dimensions and Weight
- Weight of TV with Floor Stand -
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross) Approx. 25 kg
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H) 300x300 mm
- Dimension of TV with Floor Stand (W x H x D) -
- Weight of TV without Stand Approx. 16.8 kg
- Weight of TV with Stand Approx. 18.6 kg
- Stand Width Approx. 1004 mm
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 139 cm
- Released 2020
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- KD-55A8H AZ1